PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At long (censored) last....
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2013, 17:55
Pelikal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At long (censored) last....

At last done it. Some of you may remember this posting by me back in Jan/Feb of this year. I was attempting to network my old iMac, 10.3.9, which has many graphic applications I need, to a Windows 7 machine running Home Premium 32bit.

After 10 months of faffing about, today I've finally done it! 10 months for heavens sake...thank you Apple and thank you Microsoft for making it so easy.

I still reckon there is an issue with MS and this version of Win7 which many others have encountered judging by postings on various forums.

Rather than tag this message onto the original thread, I just wanted to thank the contributors here. The other thread was never ended by me with 'result achieved', maybe because it was getting too complicated for me but in the background I've been poking about and eventually put it all together.

The connection is only one way but luckily it's the way that I need it, which is connecting to the PC from the Mac. Trying the other way, from the PC to Mac, I get an "Enter Network Password" message. Nothing I do works for me in this instance. I have no clue whatsoever what my network password is! I'm not too worried as I have what I want. Would still like to know though.

Anyhow, thanks Mixture, SD, Mike B and others for the encouragement and info. I'm out of work and have no funds for replacement machines so this breakthrough was vital to explore my working-from-home ideas. If any of you are ever in Tring, you are welcome to a beer on me.....cheers