PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATCO Membership
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2013, 14:28
jpwelton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody said Prospect would back the management line. If anything, surely it's their job to oppose it? My point was that Prospect attends meetings in order to protect (and hopefully enhance!) our terms and conditions (at a very basic level.) Thier remit is not, as an 'off the top of the head' example, to ensure military controllers' views with respect to a raised harmonised european transition altitude are heard, or to look at the interaction between GA and joiners and leavers of the airways structures.
I couldn't agree more that atc is fast moving, technologically and socially (SESAR JU has a social pillar, for example). The implication that GATCO is staffed by out of date people is completely out of date. We now send mostly current operational people as our reps, drawn from units all over the country.
Both organisations do good work (and lots of it!) in difficult circumstances (I'm a member of both, and don't understand how people can't see the difference in what they try to achieve - the idea that you should have to choose which one to join is downright daft!)