PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do the current generation of Senior FAA Officers lack something?
Old 9th Nov 2013, 11:17
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVTUR - Its actually about time they spent some money on both RNAS. The junior officers accomm. was utterly disgraceful at both places for many years-beyond belief.
I had the misfortune to live in Vian Block at CU, and before that Tovey Block up at Seahawk 2 CU. 1945 era building, dirty, rat infested as well. Not nice.Tiny dirty rooms.Dirty bathrooms.
One day a bloke called Geoff pitched up. He was USN and on a swop. He looked at disbelief at Tovey Block. He actually thought it was a monty python style British Joke. Come on guys, stop messing- wheres my real room?
Er, thats actually it Chief. They left him there.
Eventually, he rocked up in the fog at the Fire Station door, and was taken down by the lads to see the OOD. He refused point blankly to stay there and said convicted USN prisoners had better standards of accomm. He was eventually rehoused. This was only what 6 years ago?

Things have come up a bit since then I concede but its not good at times- I dont miss the place.