PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do the current generation of Senior FAA Officers lack something?
Old 9th Nov 2013, 10:56
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pheasent-sorry we have to agree to disagree. I found at CU very much the fact I simply could not stand quite alot of the people we are talking about. I could simply not stand their attitude, their manner.You need your leaders and managers in the military to show some empathy,interest and not to be too wrapped up in the big stuff to miss the over the little people, the smaller stuff..
I am not talking about raving on here til 2am down in Jesters...
I simply say again alot of the FAA Officers do not frat in any way with their people anymore. They deliberaltely avoid, stay clear.
They could learn an awful lot, it would mean an awful lot to many of the people if they could learn again to deign to stoop on occasion.

If you are wondering anybody and are afraid to ask....You find out whats occuring, you enquire, you gain an invite. If no invite - blag in, be brave- force in. Get a small beer. Engage in conversation with some of the JR and SR. Engage is small converstion with the person leaving. Dont talk over or down to people. Stay a while,then make an excuse and leave. Dont get into drinking competions with the juniors, it looks bad. Dont get p*ssed, dont get leery. Time wise try a window within 2000- 2130. Do not stay longer than that if you are wise.

Patronising? yes but possibly necessary.

Occasional forays like this, I promise will do wonders for you.