PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 9th Nov 2013, 09:56
PIOSEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

In my opinion the above poster is not as correct as he thinks.

I joined roughly this time last year. And now I have 600hrs on type. The TR course was slightly extended due to Christmas and a few other factors.

I started line training in April, and finished in May. And as I said to date I've 600 on the 738. Going by my course mates, they have roughly the same as I, give or take 20-30hrs. Average was 75hrs pm during the summer and at the moment that's going down to 50-55.

What you need to know going into FR is, you pay for everything. They really don't care about you to a degree. I mean if you have personal issues or you stumble into problems with your training they'll certainly go out of their way to help you. On a everyday basis they won't. If we were in the states it would take at least 10yrs to get in a jet like this. And the training is fantastic. So there are positives. Any job you get after FR will only be because you needed jet time. Look at it as a stepping stone or a flight school!

That said its a concern that they're recruiting 500 next year the same the year after and 300 the year after that. And next year we'll have 10 planes less then what we do now. So all I'd say is you'd be mad not to join if you have nothing else on the table and if you get in, do so with your eyes open.