PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming an FI
Thread: Becoming an FI
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2013, 08:24
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole thing has become a bit of a nightmare for us in recruitment terms. I need Multi IR Instructors in Spain but we can't find suitable candidates. Basic FI are ten a penny, especially restricted ones but getting people who meet he requirements to teach CPL, ME and IR as well as have real experience good enough to teach the subject is not easy.

Guys teaching the for the basic PPL can't get the IFR flight time needed without going and renting or being paid to fly under IFR so are just stuck in the hold.

I would have rubbed my hands in glee at one time as I get sim much multi, CPL IR training work but my day job like MJ is flying a turboprop and there is not enough of me to go around!!!

Despite my recruitment needs, I would advise anyone thinking of going into Instruction to think carefully about the reward and return against the investment. You are never going to get the money back and you are always going to be on the bread line unless you can get a position in the high levels of training which are hard to come by.