PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do YOU work for a great company!
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2013, 07:26
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good or bad? Dunno really, the money is not really great nor bad, around 100k € a year as a normal FO, rising to around 115k in three years, that's nearly three times the average wage in my country. If i happen to get that elusive command it will raise by around 20 to 30k. Rostering is quite often bad, but we do work on that and it is getting better. There is always the possibility to call in sick or unfit to fly without any repercussion anyway. Since there was a change in management nearly 10 months back the attitude towards pilots has changed quite a lot and things are changing for the better.

I have worked in IT before and quite honestly my current lifestyle, while sometimes erratic, is a lot better than in that line of work. Around 11 days off a month, quite often up to 14 days, no work to take home (except for my second job as a union rep) and not too many nights in a hotel at the moment makes for quite a good living.

All in all, despite all the moaning it is not bad, especially if considering the state of the economy and that i supposedly work for one of the, well, worst airlines in Europe.