PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well done to UK senior officers!
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2003, 14:34
kbf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny you are an ex-Isareali soldier. Happy that you have been down in the mud and bullets, never disputed that and not knocking it, but your comments also show a lack of understanding of the British Army Orbat, but in spite of that I am not writing off what you say as irrelevant. Not having been in the front inf line of a war fighting operation does not immediately strip me of any and all knowledge of tactics, though you may think so.

As for being a liberal? Piss off! You know full well I am not. As for the other thread I held my hands up and apologised. I'll do it again, i am sorry that I caused offence. I ranted and shouldn't have, and have tried in spite of the comments flung at me not to go back into that frame of mind. I am being more cautious now about my comments so as not to compound matters.

My views diverge from yours. There are a lot of things I would gladly say here in support of some of the arguments I have made, but I think in the current climate these things are best left unsaid as they involve the working procedures of both US and British forces.

I know you are as prone as any of us to your outbursts, but that doesn't mean i am morally obliged to fall into line with your opinions because you have been involved in operations in the west bank that I haven't been. I disagree with you but still take on board what you say. I am entirely supportive of the coalition forces, but that is not to say i cannot and will not point out where I think we have got it wrong.

I am content that we will have opposing views and that neither of us will be entirely won over by the other. I think the best thing is to accept that before things deteriorate further.