PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WA Govt seeks to protect Skywest
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2003, 13:14
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Jetpipe, I think your missing my point. If the bleeding heart government protect the routes that are worth having,it would be to the detriment of the places that aint on the $$$$ making routes, a there is no leeway to include these on a RPT run that isnt on the protected routes. why would anyone in their right minds start a nullagine to hedland run, if you cant include Karratha or exmouth. If you pick the eyes out of the good runs and close them to competition, no one is going to pick up the ****ty runs along the way. if you had a good $$$ making run, it doesn't cost naff all extra to stop in at them places that are on the way...... thus providing a service, that is in effect being subsidised by the $$$ making runs.
As for the people that work on the mines or are supported by them....... less than 3%.
they aint upgrading to RPT they are selling seats on the charter flights (which I still believe to be illegal...... just happens that some one who knows someone who works for a contractor who works for the mine is bloody hard to prove.)