PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do the current generation of Senior FAA Officers lack something?
Old 8th Nov 2013, 14:37
Once A Brat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with your sentiment completely...I always saw it as my duty to attend functions for those, under my command or that I knew, leaving the service, especially after such a long career........I even stayed late at many functions of those I liked. The point being I attended!

Question now is: Did anybody invite any Officers? Were they made aware of the event? I was quite often, especially as a JO, taken to one side by one of the seniors, informed of when and where the function was and that I was expected to attend; 99times out of a 100 I already knew and had made plans to attend anyway. Did this happen? If not, then I suggest that perhaps it is not just the current generation of senior FAA Officers that are lacking something, but the current generation of FAA senior rates as well.

Either way a sad indictment on the modern military (and yes, I know we are referring to WAFUs, but I'll use the term anyaway )