PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well done to UK senior officers!
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2003, 11:40
Ralf Wiggum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only have a couple of points I'd like to make on this subject.

Some people see our senior officers as being pompous and out of touch. This is not true at all, but that's how their accents and queen's English comes accross. The senior Officers of our Allies often come accross as ghetto types with a gung-ho attitude. I would suggest that all sides are communicating in the way the troops and they know best. Cultures are funny things and I for one would not expect our allies to know our culture perfectly, as a few individuals here (including me) would expect to understand the American culture totally.

The second point I'd like to make is that whooping & hollering is somewhat better than parading POWs on camera and firing wantanly into a river where it is believed an enemy may be hiding. A little vocal acknowledgement of success is not against the Geneva Convention so I would suggest that while we may not agree with this type of celebration, folks like Jacko and the rest should look at more important factors in this conflict.

I for one would like to thank our colleagues and allies for their commitment and for giving me a safe umberrela under which to live. If you want to get cheap points from our allies, then please have the good manners to back it up by saying it say it to their faces!

If I've made any spelling or grammar mistakes Jacko, please feel free to point them out, as I'd feel better if you took cheap shots at me rather than my colleagues in the front line.