PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeings turn to take Emirates money
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2013, 09:39
White Knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cerbus
In addition they have more tech issues
Really? Or is this urban myth along with the 'leave pax bags behind 'cos there's no space' rubbish that's spouted here. From my experience; only ONE delay for tech reasons in over a year of line ops on the 380.

It's a fine machine, as is the T7. And you're right -we get paid the same. We do after all do the same job, tonnage not withstanding!

Originally Posted by Bypass Ratio
maybe I should use the term Heavy in my call sign to alert Airports like Newcastle that I'm code E compliant
Actually BR, if you read the UK AIP then you are REQUIRED to use 'heavy' with your callsign on first contact. It's just that nobody really does. Your point in this case being a little moot bearing in mind that EK only flies heavies (except for the new mini-bus for rich folk). I absolutely agree that using 'super' again after initial contact is quite frankly 'being a kn0b'

Originally Posted by Bypass Ratio
sidestick is pretty much hidden from view
Often brought up for discussion I know. BUT... Doesn't a pitch angle of 10 degrees plus nose-up ring alarm bells at FL350. Strewth - if I saw that and the other guy is 'flying' I think I'd deck him at the same time as pressing the takeover button

Safe flying...