PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 8th Nov 2013, 09:12
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DB

I know that I am part of the problem - I keep soldiering on, I keep complaining but I just keep soldiering on. We all know that the alternative to making do is to refuse to do anything and then where would we be. The truth is we are window dressing and treading water (mmmm that's an interesting concept!!!). We don't want to say we can't deliver so we pretend all is OK.

I am disappointed with the business model that says they (the sim designers makers and operators) can dish up a dysfunctional piece of kit that we know can't deliver what the customer needs but hey ! what choice do they have?

I have considered that what we - the sim users - need is a Sim Users Association to lobby for improvements and to rid ourselves of unreliable, unrepresentative flight simulators that despite being 'certified' (whatever that means) have the same fidelity as my old Windows Desk Top simulator are full of erroneous features and completely fail to meet their fundamental purpose which is to TRAIN pilots not confront them with endless apologies for same.

Grrrrrr

Back to bed. Sorry it's been another frustrating day in the box with two MCDU freezes and an inflexible generic training scene.

G.