PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lake Evella crash findings
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2003, 10:15
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I want to say that I think it is tragic that that a young man died for what was a rush blood, a silly moment. I hear that he was one of the least likely to do this sort of thing though I may be wrong. My heart sunk as I read the report, it really shocked me. What went though his mind moments before the impact with the ground. I bet you he said "why did I do it, what for?". And his parents, what can I say.. there are no words for them. Having said this, I and most others have had the odd rush of blood. Mine have been quite boring and legal really, and in reality, I find just flying enough of a rush. Whenever I think about this sort of thing, I think back to this man or another not long ago in the NT and think what would they and their families give to turn back time. It takes discipline to fly high performance GA singles and twins on a ferry when mates are watching, I know. But unlike impressing your mates with your bmx back when you were 10 this is a different ball game. I'm constantly reminding myself and others about these young men who are up there looking down on us wishing they had another chance. Do me and everyone else a favour and condemn the "horseplay" before we read again about a mother who has lost their baby or mate who has lost his best mate. Its just not on. Mr. Hat.