PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 7th Nov 2013, 13:24
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joking aside...

... I think I can say without fear of contradiction that our AAIB is, and deserves to be, a highly respected organisation around the globe but I am hoping that in this instance they will recognise that one, seemingly minor helicopter crash just over 10 years ago in the Scottish hills could have brought about a revolution that HC, myself and similarly minded people crave. It didn't. Maybe it didn't because the investigators confined their comments to Police operations. Had they lifted their eyes to what was happening in the wider industry, extrapolated there findings to include the offshore world in particular, then maybe they could have nudged a recalcitrant CAA into dealing with the realities of the latest generation of helicopters and not their distant memories.

I hope they will forgive me having a little fun at their expense, sometimes a bit of black humour can pull down any barriers that might exist, real or imagined.

G.