PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Pension - Forced Redundancy Days Before Entitlement
Old 7th Nov 2013, 12:24
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
I find it amazing that over 103,035 people sign these petitions without knowing the full story.

An MoD spokesman said: 'There have been a number of inaccuracies reported surrounding an individual soldier in an online petition.
'We can be clear that the individual in question has successfully applied for a transfer to another branch within the Army, and subject to successful completion of training will not be made redundant.
'The individual is fully aware of this and has been kept informed throughout the process. We will continue to work with him to secure his transfer within the Army.'
In a statement, Sgt Anderson added: 'There has been a considerable amount of misunderstanding surrounding an online petition with the aim of securing my pension.
'I was selected for redundancy but have applied for transfer to another service within the Army. I have been successful in the application process and am looking forward to beginning training for my new role.'
Thousands urge Cameron to help veteran Sgt Michael Anderson get his pension

A simple case of an Army wife getting involved and going off half cocked!!!

It comes after Mrs Anderson started an online petition on change.org asking the Prime Minister to give her husband his job back that by tonight had been signed by nearly 100,000 people.

Besides, if they really wanted to help, (knowing full well petitions don't really do much) they could have sent Sgt Anderson's wife £1 each and their mythical loss of pension monies would have been covered.