PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement Age and Crewing Requirements
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2013, 02:09
Desert185

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185
I like it! Although, there are those who deserve the above and those who don't.

Ike replies:

I like it, too! Captplaystation openly displays the "I got mine, you!" mentality, and makes no apologies for it. I can respect that. It's when fossils start breaking into sob stories on how that have to "make up for what they've lost" (while acquiring Corvette #7 and ex-wife #6) that I feel like I'm being played.
Not so fast, grasshopper. So when a "fossil" has no sob story, "Corvette #7 or ex-wife #6", staying on would be acceptable to you? How sensitive and considerate.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but when I occupied the right seat I generally was respectful and limited my negative judgments of the guy on the on the left. Not every captain was worthy, but acting respectful was something ingrained in me at an early age. Was I envious? No, I looked forward to the day when I might have the capabilities (and assets) of the captains I admired, while being happy for their successes and considerate of life's pitfalls they might have encountered.

Life has surprises. Hope your's are all positive and your karma doesn't override your dogma.