PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is John Howard Doing The Right Thing
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2003, 06:37
missleadfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't be so hard on Evacuate

Hi all,

I tend to agree with Evacuate's post to some degree. A few months ago I wrote a similar post on another forum and the response was and still is overwhelming, from Cabin Crew from all over the world, however my question was about how this war was going to affect our industry, not necessarily whether or not our leaders made the right descisions.

I like everyone else knows how much of an inpact Sep 11 had on this industry, and with the war I think everyone has a right to express their concerns and thoughts on the impact it will have on the industry and future job prospects now. Yes we are all concerned about our troops fighting for us, but we do have to support ourselves aswell, and being concerned about our immediate careers right now is very relevant.

For those not in the industry at the moment, job prospects don't look good for the time being and for those of us in the industry there could be worrying times ahead, depending on the length and severity of this war. I think Evacuate has relevant concerns. He/she is trying to secure a future in this industry which lately has been affected by volitile and unpredictalbe circumstances which could affect us all.