PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well done to UK senior officers!
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2003, 06:33
DESPERADO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The yank bashing here is beyond belief.

Moggie, Jacko, Kbf your comments are meaningless drivel which totally misses the point. Your sense of self importance shows how little you understand. I can tell you all as a fact, that there has been some whooping and hollering British style during the destruction of Iraqi targets. I am saddened by what I have done over the years, but not ashamed. Don't you dare judge those soldiers who are fighting on the frontline from the comfort of your PC.

I am British and would like to assure our American cousins that the Dickheads who are complaining here are not representative of us as a nation or our armed forces.
The smart-arse pompous, sanctimonious gits who are criticising have clearly never been in battle and experienced the fear that you can have from being shot at.

Jacko, you and your kind want it all ways, you want to be there with the troops so that you can earn your war correspondants pay and show everyone your great tv pictures back home, but you find their obvious excitement and relief at still being alive, distasteful. They are doing a job, and they are at war. I imagine that much of the whooping was out of a sense of relief that they are still alive. This isn't a war put on for the benefit of the media despite what you may think.

Killing people is not pleasant, but the politicians have sent us to do a job for them. The Iraqi's are the enemy at the moment, you forget that at your perrill, you have to treat them as an enemy and if that means that in the heat of battle that you are happy that they are dead and you are not, well thats tough for them.
I will say it again, we are at war.

The marines are fighting, and some of them are dying so get the f^^k of your high horse and get down into the trenches and see what it is really like.
You appear to have been brought up on a diet of clinical war where nobody actually really gets hurt. Nobody gets frightened, nobody gets excited at having done a good job and defeated or killed the enemy.

Sometimes the pontificating on this site from people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about makes me sick.