PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westbeach Flight Academy - Halfpenny Green
Old 6th Nov 2013, 19:45
moggiee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was an employee of the original Halfpenny Green Flight Centre (generally known as The Flight Centre) which ceased trading in early 2010. The remains of that company were bought by Jetstream Executive Travel/Leasing (basically 2 arms of the same company, I believe). They then re-opened as Halfpenny Green Flying Centre and pretty much used our old website and claimed (incorrectly) to have been established since 1992 - when in fact it was 2010 that they took over.

I was offered a job there but chose to go elsewhere. Most of the other instructors went to Flight Academy Wolverhampton but had (well publicised) bad experiences there and set up their own school at Tatenhill. They are a great bunch of professionals and deserve to continue to do well.

As for what happened/is happening at HGFC - that is as clear as mud! What I can say is that I am glad that I did not join them if this confusion is indicative of the way the place is run. It must be deeply concerning for anyone undertaking their training there.