PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas poised to inject millions into Jetstar Japan
Old 6th Nov 2013, 19:44
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
No, no editing. And I don't see my comments as offensive. If senior management and the board are left to behave as they have (and I see nothing changing - if anything it's getting worse!) then Qantas will cease to exist.

I am of the 'die on your feet' rather than 'live on your knees' brigade, but I accept I am in the minority.

As I said in an engagement survey (and I got more creative than this over time) if I saw BGA and the board on fire, and it were at all possible to do so, I would get the largest barrel of petrol I could and take great delight in throwing it on them and watching them burn. Apparently that survey showed we were 70% engaged (or something ridiculous like that) so I concluded that I was probably engaged as I cared about what they were doing with my beautiful airline - just not the way one would normally expect.

I have read too many financial disaster books to be able to sit back and quietly accept what is being stolen and wilfully destroyed without at least voicing concerns in the strongest possible way.

I have been told by Qantas courses 'Captain you must listen' etc etc when something is wrong - consistently for 30ish years!! Why is it when the entire company is being flown past DPA with no fuel into a CATIII airport we are expected to sit back and say 'Thank god we have such inspired management!' ????