PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An insult to all
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2013, 16:57
moggiee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was doing my A levels our head of sixth form gave a deeply offensive "sermon" at the weekly sixth form assembly in which he attacked the Remembrance service for glorifying war. I and several others tackled him about it and tried to put him right but he wouldn't have it.

At around the same time, the same teacher told me that I was a fascist murderer because I had been selected by OASC to join the RAF after completing sixth form. Funnily enough, he left teaching a few years later and became the local Vicar in Ducklington, quite close to Brize Norton.

I doubt very much that he will be reading this but just in case..............Rev. Bob Edy, you were an offensive idiot then, are an offensive idiot now and probably always will be an offensive idiot.

I always donate - even out here in the UAE there are ways to do it, chiefly thanks to the local English-speaking schools (yes, Remembrance is on their "syllabus", even here) and I try to wear a poppy if I can. If for any reason I can't wear one, it doesn't really matter because in my mind I carry images like the one below. My great uncle is in the cemetery at Bayeaux - he was 24 and never even made it off the beach on D-Day. RIP Billy - your sacrifice is appreciated by the majority of the people you fought for.

Last edited by moggiee; 6th Nov 2013 at 17:10.