PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well done to UK senior officers!
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2003, 01:43
HAL Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Brits are a bunch of pompous sideline commentators.

In WW2, Montgomery was so plodding and gun shy that the war would still be going on if he'd been in charge instead of Eisenhower. One of the best things Patton did was to constantly poke him with a stick (figuratively) to get him moving. The best warfighters are aggresive. The US forces are aggressive. It may cause a few extra casualties or blue-on-blue in the short term, but history shows agressivenes reduces both overall casualties and the length of a conflict in the long term.

Keep Yank bashing. We could have done both Desert Storm and this war without you. You could not even begin about thinking of doing this without us. While you pump up your egos by busting on us, just remeber all the sacrafices US servicemen and women have made for YOUR country.

BTW, I am not bashing either the commitment or ability of your armed forces. They are well trained and outstanding warfighters. I participated in many operations with British forces and was always impressed. What I am commenting on is the pompous holier-than-thou attitudes of those posting here.

Oh, excuse me...I'm not "calm, measured, dignified, professional and sensitive". We have a saying in the US about someone being so uptight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, you'd get a diamond back out. I think that applies here perfectly.