PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2013, 12:51
Digaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emails don't do any good. I rang them at the end of Sep with about 6 questions, they picked up first time and we chatted for about 10 minutes, it was all very open and honest. Unfortunately most of my questions went unanswered which they were sincerely apologetic for. I had a suspicion they wouldn't be able to elaborate on too much but it was nice to hear from them that they haven't forgotten about us! It wasn't their fault they couldn't tell me anything, because at this stage they have nothing to tell!!

Hr as always are the middle men, and in this case they are waiting until management give the nod to hire more crew.

One of my questions was "will the hold file get scrapped due to elapsed time" the answer was 'although we don't wish this to happen, we would like to find places for everyone before it potentially comes to this, but it's not something we can rule out'
Which is disappointing but fair enough, given jq and qf hold files expire after 12 months!!

I think they will find that once the approval comes and things start to move a little bit, that half the people on hold would have taken jobs elsewhere and have to decline the offer. In that case they will start at the top of the list and work down.