PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Pension - Forced Redundancy Days Before Entitlement
Old 6th Nov 2013, 12:19
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is grotesque.

The line is, 'we have to draw a line in the sand somewhere'. What complete and utter blx. Why do you, why can't you show some common sense instead of hiding behind the hideous prescriptive thinking that some shameful administrative dogma allows you to? The MoD is the only department within government, that I know of, that has decided not to allow the tapering of redundancy versus retirement benefits. How much have you allowed to be wasted on other projects with impunity?

It would be simple to stretch the 'line in the sand' back a little and show either some flexibility or common sense. If someone was about to be discharged ordinarily and had a job to go to, the system allows early release without a punitive outcome, because it is.. being flexible, and 'caring'. This, by contrast, is against the spirit of everything that is holy about loyalty, commitment and the Covenant. There is absolutely no point in some state vessel approaching this guy after he got discharged and then asking if/why he and his family is in financial trouble.

Redundancies happen, life's a bitch sometimes. But to kick a man when he's down, to wreck not only his future and financial aspirations but also those of his family makes my blood boil and I hope that anyone who has the ability to do something about this, does so. I include within that, the Forces Pension Society which now takes on a more leading role in the future state of the military pension and has been quiet on the matter. This is shameful, scandalous and completely indefensible.

Al Rush | New wave of redundancies looms for the army