PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF aircraft 'hit by US missile'
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2003, 17:37
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

kbf1, I find it offensive and I have removed it. You don't know all the facts yet but you don't hesitate to jump in and level accusations about gung-hoism. Were you there? How familiar are you with the operation and decision making flow of a Patriot missile battery? Not very I wouldn't hesitate to presume.

Have you ever been in actual combat? Have any of those posters above who are so quick to show their anti-American ever actually been in combat? I don't just mean as part of some resupply umit or logistics unit but as part of a front line combat unit? I doubt it and it shows. The confusion of what is actually going on is acute. You only have to watch the embedded reporters asking soldiers they are with if they know exactly what is happening and their disappointment when they don't get a decisive reply.

This 'blue on blue' incident is tragic and no doubt lessons will be learned from it but jumping in here and venting off on our allies is premature and uneccesary. It's bad enough trying to stop the vocal minority of anti-war/anti American from swamping some of the threads on this site without giving them moral support from those who are quick to condemn without all the facts.

Specualtion on what happened is fine but conclusions with comments that show acute prejudice are not welcome.