PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2013, 09:37
hatchet_h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is an interesting discussion, but my point was that if BA did want the very best candidates to apply then they should improve the financial aspects of the scheme. ie:

Circa ~ 20% of the population can qualify for a BBVA property backed loan and afford to live during study.

Circa ~ 50% of the population can qualify for a BBVA BA backed loan and still afford to live during study.

Circa ~ 80% of the population can qualify for a BBVA BA backed loan and could afford to live if they were paid during training or took on a smaller loan (ie Aer Lingus 21k) or even if BA guaranteed a larger amount (ie 150k). Examples of jobs that do this include BA Graduate Trainees, Air Traffic Controllers, Train Drivers etc..

The increased scope would improve the quality of the candidates as more people would be eligible.

One last thought. Are those people that are leaving higher paid jobs (Doctors were mentioned) contributing more to society as a British Airways pilot vs their current employment? I would be interested to get peoples perspectives on that...