PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - agressive / unruly passengers in business aviation
Old 6th Nov 2013, 03:36
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One well known TV psycho-babble personality was quite well known for his temper tantrums. We were dropping him off in the Dallas area once and as we pull up to the FBO we noticed nobody was out on the ramp to park us. We thought this strange since we'd only spoken to them by radio about 15 minutes previously to inform them of our imminent arrival. The "doctor" started ranting about where the !@#$ was his (*&^%$# car before we'd even had time to get up and open the door. As the yelling continued I began to realize what had happened. He's used this FBO before! I ended up going and getting his (*&^%$# car from the parking lot myself since we could find no ramp guys in evidence anywhere! Even the normally perky and helpful desk chick seemed very occupied with an apparently important phone conversation.

I know I should have been upset with the seemingly bad service, but I just couldn't get very worked up about it after the stream of abuse issued out by the good "doctor" and "mental health professional". Oh, the irony! Some old quote came to mind: "Heal thyself Doctor"... (physician heal thyself)

Once he was on his way the FBO staff reappeared and apologized profusely, explaining about the near insurrection which had occurred during a previous encounter with the man. I accepted their "explanation" but made it clear I still had to write a company incident report to our D.O. because this was bound to cause a stir with the charter department. They understood and allowed has how they'd all been looking for a job when they found this one! I never heard a word about it and several of the same people were still working at that FBO the next time I was through there months later. The last charter pax I knew of with a reputation like that was...

westhawk

Last edited by westhawk; 6th Nov 2013 at 03:40. Reason: remebered the proper quote!