PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Air Maroc B763 evacuation at Montreal
Old 6th Nov 2013, 01:07
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always "enjoy" the company of insecure captains who feel the need to inform one of their status
My reason for stating my qualification is because of your pompous statement: "Stupid question from non-pilot". Evidently, in your mind, nobody can express an opinion unless they fly the machines, hence my explanation at the beginning of my reply.

Some answers are blindingly obvious. This was such a case. You confirmed that.
It would seem your flights in the upper levels (please feel free to fly as high above me as you wish, it affects me not one iota) have diminished your ability to understand the written word. Some questions may have blindingly obvious answers but I do not agree this is one of those and did NOT "confirm" it (in fact I went so far as to suggest a rapid disembarkation WAS a worthy option). If you feel there is only one answer to this question and you'll always evacuate at the word 'fire' then expect no criticism from me; you've got it straight in your mind what you're going to do and that's great. However, just because someone else, pilot or not, asks a perfectly reasonable question doesn't mean they have to be condemned as 'stupid' because it doesn't agree with your model.

Enjoy your NAT tracks; I'll raise a beer to you from the BBQ.