PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF aircraft 'hit by US missile'
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2003, 17:59
Captain Kirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I have logged onto this thread seeking news of close friends – as, I suspect, will many others. I can barely believe some of the insensitive and bigoted nonsense that I have read and would not expect it of the gutter press, much less professional military aviators.

I have served around the world alongside US Forces, including operationally in this theatre – I have only ever found them to be meticulous professionals.

Kbf1 – I am appalled by your pious and ill-informed comments. That we lose more lives to fratricide than enemy action could be taken as a fairly dramatic measure of the efficiency of the US at engaging the enemy.

Of course, we must strive to reduce the chance of blue-on-blue engagements but fratricide is a harsh reality of warfare and often the function of human frailty, amplified under the stress of combat. I trust that those contributors with some clever point to make are entirely familiar with their own performance under demanding and harrowing circumstances. If so, they should be ashamed of their entirely inappropriate and offensive comments. If not, then I suggest that these PC warriors keep their comments to themselves and learn some respect for better men and women.