PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer recruitment and assessment
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2013, 19:46
RJ100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a few points here.
BACF are not a franchise they are a wholly owned subsidiary of BA.
Having said that if want into BA stay away. You'll not get in to BA via BACF!!
Last person to do that was before we became BA Connect no one that has applied since has been selected. Strange when we fly the Brand to the same SOP's!

Seniority at this company counts for nothing!!!!
Commands are given on a face fits system. Every few years they change the way to become an SFO and it always has a provision for them refusing the third stripe.
I know many good solid FO's who for some reason have fell foul of this and have not been offered command, and a few who should never have been offered the command and who are now sitting in the left seat.

Commands here are also taken away from captains on a too regular basis.

Why are a very large number of people, even captains leaving for Jet2?
Last count 4 on notice and a further 10+ from both seats waiting for course dates, with a few more still to sim check. Last count if the rest get offered a job it'll be around 20!! Or so the rumours go............

So for those that don't make the selection (which HR have a huge say over) it's not always a bad thing. However the people in the planes are a great bunch of people to work with.

To those who want to come here best of luck. The grass is not always greener. It's a fun job and a great bunch of people to fly with.
I like the job but after many years here I too might be on the way out.

One final note: in the past year those hired have come from various back grounds. Flybe, BMI baby, BMI regional, Loganair and Ryanair. At the moment we are have many who are ready for command with nowhere to move up. So maybe now they want people with low hours to bottom fill the FO's. First 4 button pushers (MPL) FO's start next month with a further 4 DE FO's.

Last edited by RJ100; 7th Nov 2013 at 12:05.