PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - terrorist dry runs?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2013, 18:12
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or are you telling me all mechanics should from now on be able to pass security with knives carried on themselves as personal items?
Generally they are a part of a multifunction tool and permitted through a process to gain access airside (not just in a hangar environment). To avoid hassle once they are airside (past the gate agent) we try to keep them there. I agree that a GA pilot should have a knife as part of a simple tool set as they perform regular servicing of their aircraft or say if a piece of interior material came loose and was a nuisance.

They trust a pilot with an aircraft, here in the USA pilots can gain a air marshal card to carry a firearm. A little to much. Same goes with the AMT/LAME, all aboard place their lives in our hands daily yet we are treated like criminals as we go through security. Funny thing is we are expected to perform the duties of aircraft security by challenging any person that does not hold a badge. A real organized threat I would be putting my life at risk.