Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2013, 12:53
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If MAN grow much more, Ryanair are going to get a little fed up going dizzy
in the hold every day.

Something will give eventually.
Having seen similar comments on other forums I find it intriguing these issues only seem to be the concern of LPL supporters?

Im sure Ryanair have done their homework and realised more flights=busier airport=chance of holding (such an issue in your eyes yet the flights still keep coming from a multitude of airlines including Ryanair).
I have seen no comments whatsoever from airlines stating they are unhappy with holding at MAN (or anywhere else for that matter), they just seem to be announcing more routes, so pray tell where this grave concern of the LPL supporter is born?

Just as a point, when do these big issues holding take place? On FR24 I only notice it in the peak periods or if there is an incident or weather. Often its only 1 loop, which in reality is not much more of a fuel burn than the down wind finals then approach to LPL I see constantly from the southerly approaches.

Also, as a side note, lets just imagine for one moment LPL was as busy as MAN, would these holds be the same scourge you portray them to be at MAN or would you accept that its just a by-product of a busy airport, because I certainly think your tune would change of the shoe was placed on the other foot.