PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 5th Nov 2013, 12:51
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dubaigong: Bravo and well said!

pole shift: one roster does not an average make, so why not let PBS bed in for a couple of months, eh?

Wrt getting changes made to it, I would caution you to remember that the Senior Flight Ops Management within FZ have always been American and (if I've got this right?) where they come from seniority is EVERYTHING and, accordingly, their prior implementations of, and experience with, PBS are entirely 'seniority based' (with no concept of 'rolling months', etc).

Now given that we're creatures of habit, I would suspect that KG & JV also want a familiar implementation of PBS within FZ. I'm likewise certain that JV himself would tell you that the longer you stay within the company (and the faster the company grows) the quicker you will rise up the seniority list and then you won't be complaining about the PBS system being entirely seniority based (and I'm pretty much using his own words when I say that). So, to avoid disappointment, you might choose to pick your battles on this matter v.carefully.