PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 5th Nov 2013, 12:03
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pole Shift,

I am not hiding behind anything and again who has decided to introduce different pay scales ? Not the most senior pilots.
Furthermore most of the pilot who joined FZ after , knew or should have known if they had done their homework.
When you plan to go far away from home to work , the least one can do is to make sure that all information are made available to them.
About the pilots being divided , it's not new it has been like that for a long time , I have been to most of the chief pilot's meeting and I can tell you that the pilots were already divided.
What about the nationality "problem" we have here... I have never been in a company where I could feel so much the tension between the American , Brazilian , British , Cypriots etc...
We are well divided and this was well before the PBS has been introduced.
And it is logical because of the agenda people joining have,
Most of the first officers joining in the beginning were looking mainly for a quick command upgrade and didn't care at all , at that time , about the conditions.
You have direct entry captains coming for the money they expect to save to improve their retirement package , to get some training upgrade or to try to jump later in another company to fly bigger aircraft.
Now you also have a good amount of pilots coming from turbo-prop looking for a good jet rating while earning a very good salary compared to what they could maybe get at home.
That is the main problem we have , no long term vision because most of the pilots are here with their own agenda for a period between 3 to 6 years waiting for an opportunity to go back home or jump in a long haul position or to retire...
At the end having a balanced roster would be only possible for me if they were able to produce a roster which take into consideration of the fact that every pilot in the company got , in a year , roughly the same amount of 4 sectors day , night flights , early morning flights , war zones flights , etc... which will probably never happen...
So what to do ???
But a blaming the most senior pilots for that situation is for sure not the best way to create a nice unity amongst the pilot group.
That's all I have to say about that subject , it will not be sorted out here on PPRUNE and needs to be addressed within the company with all the pilots.
I doubt though that there is a real will from the majority to do something.
You would be surprised to see how many are more than happy to be here and surely don't want to rock the boat.
I wish you the best for your fight but I strongly suggest that you change your strategy if you want to achieve something positive...