PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motorway Flying ...
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2013, 11:27
GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpannerInTheWerks
Quote:
On the Rump of Pendle Hill Lancashire UK
Another a**e posting on PPRuNe it seems!

The incident wasn't far from there - must be two in the area that day?!

Oh dear; it's always considered bad form to make personal attacks on people who don't see things one's own way.

Originally Posted by SpannerInTheWerks
In view of the comments and criticisms I have received I consider the only way forward is to file Form FCS1520 for an Alleged Breach of Air Navigation Legislation against this pilot.
Feel free; it's your democratic right. Don't hold your breath for a result that's pleasing to you though. You weren't in the "offending" aeroplane so don't know the true horizontal vis and the perceived distance from the nearest person, vehicle or structure. Remember that the PiC's perception and judgement of what was safe and legal carries more weight than that of a well meaning and "informed" spectator.

As regards reporting people for flying IFR without the appropriate Rating, flarepilot, there can be extenuating circumstances. As an ATCO Cadet on a gin clear Winter day at Manch In '72, I listened to a fellow Controller under training give a SID (Otringham One if I remember rightly) clearance to a light aircraft. As clearances go, it was an instruction. By a moment of distraction, his Mentor missed the salient details. Probably at about 2 and a bit thousand feet and climbing generally towards Congleton, the Mentor realised what was happening and recovered the situation. Was it the PPL holder's fault for flying in Rule 22 airspace (Class A in new money) without the correct rating? The general concensus in the Tower was "no". The Watch Supervisor (Bill) did call the Stude and Mentor to one side for a quiet word.

Have you chaps considered being a Police Special (or Deputy Sheriff) or Parking Warden in your spare time?