PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skylink Aviation, flyafrica, others.
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2013, 08:20
stallfail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the face of it...........

I love my continent and i am not going to let some low life scumbags ruin the image of Africa!
Roughly speaking, there is no positive image left to ruin....

Africa is the second largest continent on earth and has immense resources..............

What actually happened in the last 50 to 60 years is that they missed a lot of opportunities. At the moment of independence, many African countries like Ghana and Egypt had higher income per capita than China, India or Singapore. Where are they now?

People talk about Africa as if it is one country. Africa is not one country, Africa is 54 countries, which are not necessarily trading or communicating among themselves. It is more difficult to pass goods from East Africa to West Africa than taking it from China to West Africa
and is more expensive.

Corruption is a major problem in the region !!!
Many native groups in Africa believe family relationships are more important than national identity, and people in authority often use nepotism and bribery for the benefit of their extended family group at the expense of their nations.

As the case may be, this environment gives "scumbags" the opportunity to scam, to cheat and taking advantage of people who only want to make a living.
I respect your intention, but you will not shame anyone of them..............