PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 5th Nov 2013, 06:50
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pole Shift,

What you are saying is not fair and it shows a great level of frustration and by consequence not at all a balanced comment on PBS...
First do you know how many of the high seniority pilots have got what they wanted ?
All I can tell you is that I know some of them who are not happy about what they have got according to their bids.
Also what has to be understood is that a seniority system is NEVER seen as being fair when you are at the bottom of the list but when you have been for years at the bottom and finally get closer to the top you feel like a fair situation to finally enjoy being there.
What should also be understood is that in an airline like FZ with no fleet upgrade possible ( single aircraft type ) , no salary increase according to the seniority , no specific benefits for being here for a long time it is difficult to blame those pilots to be happy to finally get a reward for being here for so long ( 5 years already for some of them )
So the real problem is the way the company wants or doesn't want to make sure the workforce is happy and keep them long term ?
You can not blame the high seniority for the result of PBS which is also due to many other factors like the ways we are allow to bid and the always increasing limitations put in place and very restrictive ( like the mandatory 1 day off in 6 days instead of 7 days before , 2 consecutive days off in 12 days instead of 14 days before , the 85 hours maximum in 28 days etc.... )
The only way to really know how many are happier than before PBS is to make a survey but for that you also need to give some time to assess the rosters in a few months and not only one.
And last but not least , I have never seen in my life a system that will please everybody , you will always have pilots not happy about it.
The first thing to do would be to agree with each other what we would like to have and then ACT to have it done by the company.... BUT look around you and find out how many pilots are really concerned by the situation of their fellows ?
Look at the best example ( according to me ) of a well known low cost company in Europe where almost each pilot got a different contract and this is lasting for more than 15 years without any real change due to only one thing that the manager of this company understood very quickly PILOTS ARE SELFISH and are only thinking short terms , own career and not about long term and group...
When this will be sort it out then you can expect to see improvement.