PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2013, 21:50
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me patronising, you posted the following
I think at 66
as if to remind me your false understanding was somehow superior.

. I was on the aircraft on Saturday, I'm not blind, stupid infirm or fantasising.
I'm not questioning that, not calling you stupid nor am I calling you blind nor am I saying your fantasising.

I KNOW the difference between flaps, slats and spoilers and the horizontal lines on the FLAPS had the number 5 by the first line which became visible on the first deployment , 15 by the second line, 20 by the third line and 35 by the fourth and last line which was not visible until the last flap setting was selected. If you don't believe me I suggest you buy a ticket and go and sit in the window seat in row 19, starboard side and try and make sure you get a ride on EI-DEN.
As I've said degrees are not used to determine flap deployment on the A320 its covered in four stages (there's actually 5, because Flap 1 has two settigns determined by an autocommand function one of which is 1+F activated only on the ground when the lever is set to 1 however on landing it extends slats only and is shown as ''1'' when also set to 1) which are 1 to 4 (the last being referred to as full).

Even if referred to as degrees it would go as;

1 - 0 degree flap / 18 degree slat
1+F* - 10 degree flap / 18 degree slat
2 - 15 degree flap / 22 degree slat
3 - 20 degree flap / 22 degree slat
FULL (4) - 35 degree flap / 27 degree slat

So from the above its a nice coincidence that the last 3 numbers being displayed following deployment of a flap stage agreed to the degree however they are not there to determine the flap degree. Just to let you know I'm a ground handler at Cork, although I don't work on the A320's on a daily basis I've plenty of friends with that carrier and confirmed the number range that are printed onto both wings as I said ranging from 0 to 70.

Now as you are obviously so convinced I've made the whole thing up
I'm not? However go back to your original argument about dumping lift etc, that may be your preference however you are not the PIC - And I'm sure that he/she made the correct decision during that landing.

That'll be my last post but please don't bring up an age factor to then try spin it around as if it were me bringing it up.

Now let's get back to the Shannon thread.

Regards.