PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada: Cormorant & Cyclone thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2013, 18:58
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What concerned me from day one was this: Why on God's earth does a country like Canada need or want the most advanced rotorcraft out there? More specifically: why does it need to be fly by wire for God's sake??? Leave cutting edge research to mega rich naive countries like KSA or USA and learn from their mistakes...but Canada...c'mon. THUS you have (to a greater extent) brought this on yourselves have you not? You reap what you sow
No wonder Sikorsky are struggling with EM interference and shielding???

My biggest worry however is reserved for the government (not the military - who are probably one of the most professional services I have had the honour to serve with). The government,s history of procurement is littered with dreadful decision making and choices. My fear is that they (having been bitten by the 101 and now the 92) will go wildly off into another direction and buy something completely inappropriate for the task in hand.
Fingers crossed - they will take a deep breath, put the Sikorsky debacle to rest and look and learn across the military environ and pick something tried and tesed yet relatively modern. Perhaps even the S92 without FBW??????