PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerodynamics Malaga REVIEW
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2013, 17:17
Contacttower
Fly Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Often 30kt winds aloft might be indicative of turbulent conditions but honestly in of itself that wind speed should not be a reason to cancel a flight.

I mean perhaps if you are just starting holding it might be a bit of challenge depending on the drift angle but certainly I know most IR schools in the UK would fly in much worse simply because if they didn't they'd hardly fly. I know of people who have passed their IR tests in 40kts+.

It sounds like they also have an aircraft availability problem which is never ideal.

As a ball park figure the good modular schools in the UK; Stapleford, Airways, PAT, BCFT, ACS etc will get an IR done in two to three months.

Now it may well be that Aerodynamics is great place to finish off your IR, it probably is and most people certainly seem happy with it. I'm just saying that you don't have to leave the UK to find a good school that will get in done in reasonable time...

Personally I'm a fan of doing the IR in the UK mainly because the weather is IMC a lot of the time and there is nothing like the real thing when it comes to flying in cloud...