PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2013, 15:52
Vinny96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Citizen applying?

First, I'd like to start out by asking if anyone has known of or is aware of any Americans applying.

Next, I apologize ahead of time and have read the requirements that only if one has the right to live and work in the UK can one be eligible to apply. I've read into work visa requirements and one condition of obtaining work visa status would be to have gained employment already in the UK, so I see there is a Catch 22 already with possibly applying to this program....

Still, I figured it can't hurt to ask. A little background - I've just about missed opportunities early on in my life to become a commercial pilot. Instead of pursuing a lifelong desire in aviation (civilian and military), the then young person in me chose to serve in the infantry and, upon leaving military service, chose a career in law enforcement and related security fields. Later on in life, I obtained my Private Pilot's License and only then realized what I had missed all these years. The career progression of a pilot starting out in the US, in my research, is a long and arduous path ripe with low pay and a lot of time serving the regional carriers. The BA FPP seems like an excellent opportunity to start a career in commercial aviation (that and fulfill a desire to live and work in the UK).

Thank you