PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2013, 14:10
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glojo

Great rant.

the Deputy chief of the Defence Staff and guess what? This very senior officer was not an able seaman, nor even an admiral, instead it was a very senior officer from the RAF (an Air Marshal who I will not name)
The clue is in the chaps title. Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff. That means a joint appointment so in previous years it may well have been a submariner briefing on RAF equipment.

I am sure that the Air Marshal in question would have asked for, and received, many detailed briefs from the relevant (expert?) Naval Staffs within Whitehall and CINCFLEET (and may well have had one or two sitting behind him whilst giving evidence at the committee ready to kick his chair if he said anything off the party line). And if they are anything like the ones I had to write for Army and Navy colleagues (on RAF topics) then they will no doubt have been written in very plain, and clear, language so that the person reading it can both understand it and put the message across to others.

But lets not detract from the standard RN opening salvo - "It's all the RAFs fault"