PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB update on Asiana 214
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 23:37
woodyspooney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if I am digressing but every time I discuss this accident with others, the issue of the FLCH trap comes up. I can really tell you what's wrong with Asiana Training. I am retired for some 6 years now but when I was east in kimchiland years ago, the initial training in KAL and OZ were done by Alteon. I had never heard about the FLCH trap from any of the Alteon blokes!

I was only made aware of this FLCH trap during my OE training by a South East Asian Chinese guy who had initial training with actual Boeing factory pilots. During my 5 years over in ICN, I never had anyone re highlighting that! Sure, we did a lot of automation degradation. We had too many non rated Alteon guys who became T7 instructors who became 777 experts after a fortnight of conversion training! 757 guys, MD 11 guys who think that the T7 is a bloated B737. These Alteon blokes are there to satisfy some vague requirements, fail some guys occasionally to put fear ( fear based management technics ) and show that the system is " working "!

I read somewhere that it is only now that OZ is reviewing some of the stuff taught at their Training Center. The word I heard is that they are telling pilots that the T7 autothrottle system is faulty instead of teaching them real understanding of its logic and algorithms. OZ is not training pilots but dunces