PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 engine into EMA today around 16:30
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 19:56
staplefordheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Jim, Yeh I picked that up over Manchester on the tracking site a few mins later unless for some reason it had dropped very low over us. I know height cant be easily judged from the ground but this was well under 10,000 ft and certainly not up at FL250 There was very little if any sound lag off the 4 engines which were not making much noise as though on moderate power and it was flying fairly slow so didn't seem to be attempting a climb out and it had come from the Peterborough direction.
As it was directly above, got no side on view of markings but the profile did look like a 380 especially as it flew away looking at the pronnounced wing dihedral from the back. Underside was all white unless there was one on test for RR at Derby Dont know
as I say, odd as since we lost Cottesmore and the visiting Galaxys and Sentrys, rarely see anything close up other than the odd PPL flyers around here these days, just high level over flights. The wife was with me outside and also commented it was odd to see such a large A/C at that height
thanks anyway
Nige

update just checked on flight aware data and BA269 was over us although not direct at our location 52.6705° N, 0.7333° W a few mins earlier before the one we saw but at fl290 and climbing so wasn't that one for sure. You wouldn't be able to clearly see the engines or tail end view even a 380 surely above FL290

Last edited by staplefordheli; 3rd Nov 2013 at 20:19.