PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFI vs King Air
Thread: CFI vs King Air
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 17:43
SV_741_India_Bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for your replies.

flarepilot, yes I will be obligated to serve for ten years. There are personal relationships involved in this and I cannot leave the company before completing this period of time.

His dudeness, no freelancing allowed. GA is very limited, meaning a dozen or so jets/turboprops around with everyone knowing everyone else. I'm not sure I want to stick to a relaxed routine of flying 20-30 hrs per month, and ofcourse being confined to my country at this stage of my life. Like every kid ofcourse, my dream is an airline too. The situation isnt that bad here, 800-1000 hrs total time (even single engine) have landed people on 737 in the past. Whether that will continue is a wild card.

OhNoCB, thanks for your input. The conditions are not bad. Pilots here are admired and respected in society. The pay is what possibly the top 10-20 percent of the population makes. What concerns me besides the 10 year period, is SIC time in a King Air, and very little flying (20-40 hrs per month). Then again, flying is flying right. Better than not flying at all!

Parson, if I do get an MEI rating on my own expenses, I will be able to start flying a seneca right off the bat.

Again thanks everyone for your valuable time.