PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you read and where do you go?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 14:42
Bob Bevan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for the various suggestions that have been put forward:

Sir Niall Dementia,
I did read your name twice before I got it, maybe I’m getting old.

I will have a look at Flight International to see what they offer. Unfortunately some mags have an ‘exclusive’ advertising arrangement with the current big supplier in our sector which makes it a little harder to break in and hardly helps increase competition in the market.

Grenville,
I have thought about using G-Info but it is inevitably a bit more invasive (e.g. people get one of those lovely little mail packs hitting the door mat). As you say, maybe I should try to keep the Royal Mail busy for the sake of all the foreign investment funds that now own a slice of it.

Bravo 73,
Thanks for those suggestions which I will definitely follow up on. You are correct in you assumption of the type of online service we provide for helicopter and light aircraft owners (To quote Basil Fawlty, I did mention it once but I think I got away with it)!

One other suggestion which has been muted is to try advertising on some of the mobile apps. This would be ideal because it is digital advertising which is usually a better bet for an online business like ours. Anyone got any views on which mobile apps are most used by pilots?

Thanks again to the community for the help?