PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 00:34
EcamSurprise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet turnrounds took a big hit after allocated seating was introduced, because passengers saw no need to join the queue and rush aboard. The introduction of the cabin bag guarantee system gets people nice and competitive again. I applaud easyJet's OTP but at what human cost?
Interesting that you think that but I haven't seen anything published or noticed anything personally that would suggest turnarounds suffered much at all since allocated seating or got any better with the bag guarantee.
I sit at the pointy end AND commute every weekend with the company.

In fact I remember, right after allocated seating was introduced, being surprised that everyone is still queuing.

The bag guarantee is just a way of making the policy a little more clear and is really a better version of what happened before.
I.e if we have too many pax vs bags checked, some bags will need to go in the hold.

So this new policy just re-affirms that with passengers AND gives them the option of making sure their bag isn't loaded into the hold.

Regarding the PLUS card, I also have one and can only recommend it.
I'm relaxed, I skip queues, I'm the first to board and always have space for my bag... plus if there is pre-boarding (which I don't mind, internet and drink in hand) I always get a seat.