PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Luggage Basics
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 18:06
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for passengers on corporate/private jets packing too much or taking too many bags, the worse case example I ever knew of was, a couple that took so much baggage with them, it could not all fit in the aircraft.

So they bought another jet just to carry the baggage. It would leave, usually, the day before and then return the day after the couple in the other aircraft.

As for me before I retired, I would always have a garment bag with three days of clothes and a small toilet kit that I kept on the aircraft at all times.

On extended trips, with multiple destinations/RONs I carried separate garment bags for each stop. with enough clothes for each day we would be at. That way I did not have to carry just one big piece of luggage every time we RONed somewhere. The only thing I would transfer from bag to bag were shoes, that were in an outside pocket that could easily transfered.

The only exception to the above was on a three month trip around the world. Then I took one large suitcase and made use of whatever hotel I was staying in laundry/dry cleaning services. That was the only way it could work for such a long trip.

Last edited by con-pilot; 2nd Nov 2013 at 18:07.