PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement Age and Crewing Requirements
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 14:42
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is good news. Now to get the retirement age dropped completely - my generation in the UK won't get a pension until 69, so what are we meant to do for the intervening 4 years? I suspect other nationalities face a similar problem. Many of us can't afford significant private pensions, even on company schemes, to make up the difference, and contractors get no company pensions at all. I don't see why the authorities or companies should be able to impose ageist regulations when EU policies demand otherwise. Surely any pilot should have the right to continue working as long as they are fit and competent. as checked by medicals and LPCs? Let us have the choice of retiring at any age, not just prior to 65.

Now cue the whining from young FOs about selfishness of captains refusing to hand over their jobs, ironically unable to see the hypocrisy of their selfishness in craving of ultra-quick commands and how easily and quickly many of them got their first airline jobs compared to older generations...

Last edited by Aluminium shuffler; 2nd Nov 2013 at 14:44.